Rail Car Response Training
Location: Blue Mountain Union School in Wells River, VT on Saturday, April 30, 2016 from 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
Further information on the course can be found on the RDPC website https://www.ruraltraining.org/training/schedule/2016-04-30-awr147-wellsriver-vt-001/.
To register please complete the registration form below, then email to DPS.EMHSTraining@vermont.gov and cc Dorothy.email@example.com.
The following NIMS ICS All Hazard Position Specific Courses is being offered at the Vermont Fire Academy in Pittsford on April 11-15, 2016. This course currently has 11 seats open. Registration is open until March 30, 2016. http://demhs.vermont.gov/calendar/commander
L950 – Incident Commander
April 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15, 2016
8:00AM – 4:30PM each day (40 Hours)
Vermont Fire Academy
672 Academy Road
Pittsford, VT 05763
~ Participants must attend all sessions of the course ~
Course Description: This course is designed to provide local and state-level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective IC on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team. These responsibilities fall into two categories:
1) responding to the incident and command needs of the incident, effectively fulfilling the position responsibilities of an Incident Commander on an All-Hazards ICS Incident Management Team.
2) Exercises, simulations, discussions, and a final exam enable participants to process and apply their new knowledge.
Target Audience: NIMS ICS Position Specific training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to functional, support, or unit leader positions on USFA or other Type III AHIMT, or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions. Attendance preference will be given to FEMA Region I states: All other applicants will go on a waiting list.
DEMHS Registration Process for NIMS ICS All Hazard Position Specific Course:
- Applicants MUST MEET prerequisites at the time of REGISTRATION.
- Late registrations accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications must be submitted by 3:00PM on March 30, 2016.
STEPS FOR REGISTERING for a DEMHS ICS ALL HAZARDS POSITION SPECIFIC Course:
- Complete & Submit the DEMHS All Hazards Position Specific Course Registration form.
- FEMA Registration 119 Form. Complete with the appropriate signatures, save and email to the Homeland Security Training Coordinator.
- Save and email all above documentation and additional documents to meet the prerequisite requirement. DPS.EMHSTraining@vermont.gov.
***Prerequisites for each of the below courses are ICS 100, ICS 200, ICS 300, ICS 400, IS 700 & IS 800.
- Course deadline is March 30, 2016.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns
Homeland Security Training Coordinator
SAA Point of Contact / State Training Officer
Department of Public Safety
Division of Emergency Management & Homeland Security
45 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671 – 1300
Office: (802) 241-5416
Fax: (802) 241-5615