The state of Vermont and LEPC12 requires that TierII reports be sent in the Tier2 Submit file format .ts2. If you send a paper copy or pdf it will not be accepted. Please email these files to Victoria Littlefield at vlittlefield@trorc.org

All facilities that use or possess certain hazardous substances (including petroleum products) or chemicals that exceed the minimum reporting threshold quantity are required under the Vermont Community Right-to-Know Program and the federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) to complete a Tier II inventory form and submit it annually to the state’s Hazardous Materials Compliance Officer.  All reporting facilities and transporters are also encouraged to participate in the LEPC.  Our meetings are usually the third Thursdays of even months.  You can find the meeting notice at http://www.lepc12.org/calendar/

Hazardous materials that require reporting include lethal chemicals, but also common substances such as fuel, and even sand, salt, or sawdust if in large quantities. To see what the list of substances is and the reporting threshold, or to contact the state office, go to the VT HAZMAT Compliance Tier II Program using the link below.  EPCRA has reporting requirements and Vermont has its own requirements.

VT HAZMAT Compliance Tier II Program


HAZMAT (Hazardous Materials)

Responders always need to be constantly aware that hazardous materials (HAZMAT) may be present at incidents. The most common HAZMAT at emergency scenes in Vermont is a petroleum product.

All Hazmat spills/leaks or potential dangerous spills/leaks should be reported to 9-1-1 for immediate response, and then within the hour to both the 24-hour Hazardous Materials Spills Hotline at 1-800-641-5005, as well as to the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.

For further information

VTDEC Hazardous Material Spill Response Fact Sheet

http://www.anr.state.vt.us/dec/ead/sbcap/pdf/fs_spills_wm.pdfDownload File

Vermont HAZMAT Response Team (1-800-641-5005)

http://firesafety.vermont.gov/hazardous_materials – Open in New Window

Global Harmonization Fact Sheet


The following two resources let you identify response actions by placard number or material name.

2016 Emergency Response Guidebook


NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npg/default.htmlOpen in New Window