The Vermont Rural Fire Protection Task Force is pleased to announce the 22nd year of funding for towns to
improve fire suppression capabilities. The goals of the program are to:• Save lives, by reducing response time and improving both public and firefighter safety.
• Enable firefighters to have quicker, easier, and safer year-round drafting capability.
• Reduce risks to property and natural resources, both public and private.
• Lower insurance premiums, both public and private.
• The maximum grant award is $5,000 per project/system. 25% local match is required.
• The installation of new dry hydrants & other types of rural water supplies is still the priority of the
program, but eligible projects also include repair/upgrade, replacement, relocation of existing
rural water supplies, and new in 2019 is “drafting site” development, whether previously grant
funded or not.
• We have application deadlines of February 1st, April 1st, June 1st, and August 1st, 2019. Please
submit your application(s) by the appropriate deadline and it will be processed in the order it was
• We no longer mail unsolicited application packets to Fire Departments and Towns. Please visit
www.vacd.org/programs/rural-fire-protection and download the application packet or contact Troy
Dare, Program Manager, at 802-828-4582 – email@example.com to have an application packet
mailed to you.
Full grant information here: https://www.vacd.org/programs/rural-fire-protection/.